Ammonia Technician Responsibilities
- Oversee and maintain Refrigeration, Electrical, and HVAC systems including monitoring and trending, troubleshooting and repairs (Compressors, condensers, fans, pumps, heating, cooling, contactors, motors, microprocessors, frequency drives, etc.), conducting preventive maintenance (P.M.’s) within established timelines (Oil analysis, filter changes, calibration of sensors and transducers, compressor alignment checks/adjustments, etc.), leak detection, conducting required inspections and reporting, evaluating and implementing energy management strategies, ensure product integrity is maintained through temperature monitoring & control, evaluating and reporting equipment condition, clear and concise communication with Management, etc.
- Responsible for logging time and materials into computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) daily in the form of work orders, P.M.s, etc.
- Responsible for daily rounds (checks) and documentation in the form of log books
- Responsible for communication of all pertinent information regarding system operation and maintenance to departmental management and maintenance teams for the facilities we maintain.
- Responsible for housekeeping and cleanup of company vehicles, company shop and all project areas on a daily basis. Required to interpret and understand plans and specifications, schematics, operating and maintenance manuals, etc. for systems being maintained.
- Assist management in developing standard operating procedures, daily work schedules, and duty cycles for all repairs and maintenance for refrigeration and HVAC systems.
- Assist in managing outside subcontractors conducting service, repair and new contract work.
- Candidate should be willing to obtain OSHA Level A Hazmat Certification
- Responsible for PSM documentation that the plant requires
- Education: Associate 2 year in HVACR or equivalent work experience, Refrigeration/Electrical, Trade School Certification, or Equivalent, RETA Certification applicants preferred
- Specialized Knowledge Needed For Performance of Job: Ammonia Refrigeration
- Other: OSHA, Good Manufacturing Processes, PSM/RMP