Part Time - Yard Driver job in Nashville
Show me jobs like this one
| Industry: ||
| Job Type: ||
| State: ||
| City: ||
| Location: || |
| Post Date: || 08/03/2017 |
Job Title: Part Time - Yard Driver (400019)
Reports To: Cooler Supervisor
Saturday 6am-3pm or finish
16 weeks a year work 6 days a week and 10 hr shifts
The Yard Driver has primary responsibility for operating yard mules, tractor trailers and bobtail trucks, moving equipment from the yard to dock and back for loading and unloading. Moving trailers and bobtails to designated loading or parking sites as directed.
- Responsible for operating shuttles to move trailers from building to building, staging area and from various loading dock doors. Receiving instructions via radio and performing trailer shuttling to accommodate logistical needs.
- Responsible for performing daily maintenance checks of shuttle truck and reporting any malfunctions to the Cooler Management team.
- Responsible for fueling of the yard truck as needed and trailers
- Must be able to perform the duties of this role in ALL weather conditions.
- Couple and uncouple tractor trailer units. Connect and disconnect brake lines as needed.
- Maintain a valid Class A CDL and current DOT medical card.
- Perform "safety check" inspection of the trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations report any unsafe items to Cooler Management team.
- Secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork at the end of the shift.
- Complete a daily lot check and trailer temperature log.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Know and comply with all Department of Transportation regulations per the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations handbook.
· Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience
· Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of driving experience in Tractor-Trailer Truck or Bobtail.
- Must have DOT certifiable and a good MVR.
- Must currently have a Class “A or B” CDL (commercial drivers license). Must maintain a valid commercial driver's license and an air brake endorsement.
- Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and climbing into and out of tractor trailers virtually the entire shift. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work in outdoor conditions (year-round) with moderate noise. May perform duties indoor and outdoor.
- Overtime and working on holidays is often required.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
©2014 NH3Jobs.com. All right reserved