Field Draftsman job in San Angelo
Show me jobs like this one
| Industry: ||
| Job Type: ||
| State: ||
| City: ||
| Location: || |
| Post Date: || 08/15/2017 |
Marking Services Installation, Inc. - San Angelo, TX
Are you looking to join a family-oriented company that designs, engineers, manufactures, and installs a comprehensive range of superior identification products? Marking Services Installation, Inc. creates pipe markers, valve tags, and equipment and safety signs for customers in various industries around the world and is continuing to grow. Launch or continue your career as a Field Draftsman with our company!
We offer a full benefits package including: Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Medical and Dependent Care Flex Spending, 401K with company match, and generous paid time-off.
The primary function of the Field Draftsman’s is to develop, validate and red-line accurate as-built Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s) for assigned clients. Completes projects according to the schedule with a focus on safety, accuracy and in accordance with MSII policies and procedures.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads the Project Definition Document (PDD) and responds to the needs of the project.
- Draws, validates and red-line P&ID’s as needed using data collected in the field.
- Clearly illustrates and conveys all information on field notes that will be provided to the AutoCAD personnel.
- Performs pre-tagging at project site, verifying correctness of line list. Clarifies and determines the sizes and quantities of the signs needed, placement of materials, and finalizes material order for production.
- Creates inventory/bill of materials of asset identification using data from the field and/or P&ID’s.
- Installs materials per customer specification on-site as directed.
- Prepares project status reports, field notes, expense reports, updates Project Definition Documents (PDD), reports for customers and department managers.
- Identifies quality control issues during all activities and develops a corrective action plan.
- Understands and follows site specific safety training and can point out safety hazards and/or safety issues to the supervisor and your team.
- Works with operations and business development to establish budgetary project proposals.
- Travel is a requirement for this position.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Advanced understanding of facility drawings including equipment layouts, plot plans and P&ID’s required.
- At least two years of drafting experience in the ammonia refrigeration industry.
- Experience working in AutoCAD, Navis Works or Smart Plant is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of personalities.
- Exhibits above average organizational skills, multitasking skills and can recognize and deal appropriately with changing priorities.
- Experience in project management and/or supervision is a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Environmental hazards such as excessive heat and cold exist on most projects. Travel is a requirement for this position and average approximately 50 hours a week. Reports directly to the Supervisor and can have daily interaction with the sales, CAD staff, and other TDS personnel as required.
- AutoCAD: 1 year
- drafting: 2 years
- Ammonia Refrigeration: 2 years
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
©2014 NH3Jobs.com. All right reserved