PSM Coordinator job in Le Sueur
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Le Sueur, MN 56058, USA (Show on map)
Job Summary: Responsible for maintaining and fully implementing PSM program, RMP program and Energy Management program for the LSC campus.
· B.S degree in the engineering field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum of 3 Years of experience in Process Safety Management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop, Implement, evaluate and maintain PSM program and related programs intended to reduce or eliminate industrial accidents and hazards associated with highly hazardous chemicals or covered process.
· Coordinate process safety management program for 24/7 operations by performing task necessary to ensure all PSM program elements meet or exceed applicable regulations.
· Coordinate and manage documentation, compliance initiatives and reporting requirements to EPA, OSHA, and local authorities.
· Coordinate and manage Risk Management Program (RMP) requirements and compliance initiatives to meet or exceed applicable requirements.
· Perform (LEAD) incident investigations to determine cause and possible changes to reduce the potential for reoccurrence of failure of a covered process.
· Perform Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) as required to effectively manage covered processes in compliance with all applicable regulations, including, but not limited to creating and maintaining all documentation.
· Perform Management of Change (MOC) and PreStart-up Safety Review (PSSR) analysis as required to effectively manage changes to a covered process, including, but not limited to creating and maintaining all required documentation.
· Inspect company facility for potential hazards to reduce the potential of loss, to further define hazards, recommend improvements and monitor
· Formulate and communicate general safety practices to be followed by company personnel to ensure all covered processes comply with applicable regulations and/or standards.
· Act as consultant to other departments regarding the design and use of equipment and/or processes to reduce the potential for loss of risk exposure.
· Co-develop training programs with the Safety Trainer to enhance existing programs or to develop new programs to further reduce the potential for loss.
· Consult with outside agencies in establishing and maintaining PSM and /or environmental programs.
· Monitor, update and distribute changes to the Emergency Action Plan (EAP) and assist in training.
· Coordinate and manage hazardous materials response team (A-Team) training, documentation and facilitate coordination with local, state and national response teams as directed.
· Monitor changes to a covered process or change in internal processes to ensure compliance with all regulations.
· Provide timely reports to management and/or regulatory agencies as directed.
· Track and ensure that all findings from Mechanical Integrity Audits, Compliance Audits, Incident Investigations and Process Hazard Analysis are closed in a timely manner with the help of refrigeration and PSM Personnel.
· Participate as a member of the Emergency Response Team and respond to events including chemical releases.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
· PI&D updates to all plant drawings as needed
· Team leader Energy Management Team as part of Energy Star Program
· Special project management throughout the plant for special projects
· Liaison between corporate Energy Management team and Plant Energy Management Team
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Knowledge and application of Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Know refrigeration and safety equipment and familiar with the maintenance of this equipment.
· Know Process Safety Management (PSM), Risk Management Plan (RMP), and other safety programs.
· Know ammonia refrigeration.
· Able to respond to emergency situations and fill various roles on emergency response team.
· Skills in and knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
· Ability to read and understand blueprints.
· Good problem solving skills, ability to follow and use root cause analysis.
· Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, procedures and related documents as needed).
· Understand and comply with Plant Quality procedures.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: This job includes exposure to the following environmental conditions.
- Maintenance Technician II | Champion Foods | New Boston
- Refrigeration Operator | General Mills | Belvidere
- Cold Storage Manager - AK | Trident Seafoods | Akutan
- Supermarket HVAC/Refrigeration Technicians- Mulitple Locations | Hunter Farms Dairy
- MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN | RW Gracia | San Jose